Found on: Around October 2009
Applicable systems: Visual Basic 6.0, Windows Vista SP1 (not tested with other versions)
I was working with code injection in another application using VB6 when I found out that address returned by ‘GetProcAddress(…, “GetProcAddress”)’ is wrong. I confirmed this by attaching a debugger (WinDbg) and tracing the returned address. I also tested it in C++ which returned the correct address. The cause of this issue is currently unknown.
Currently I have no solution for this in VB6 because I don’t have the required level of debugging knowledge to investigate the cause of this problem yet. I would recommend porting to C++. At least that was what I did!